Friday, November 21, 2014

I Baptize You

A single moment that begins with
The words I baptize you 
It is in this moment I have felt the safest 
In my entire life
It feels like with every dunk
Love is being poured into this body of mine
Filling in all of the empty space
Finally getting a sense of knowing
What it means to be loved unconditionally 
And ending with a prayer
I baptize you in the name
Of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit 
A moment that is on constant repeat
Jesus, we are climbing a mountain
That has become too steep
My heart is bruised 
And and aches with every beat
These eyes are tired 
But know all too well to look up
You walk beside me 
In front of me 
In darkness and light
Jesus, I cannot wait 
Until we take that final step
And see the view at the mountain top
So until that day and many days after
 I will close my eyes and get lost in that moment
With each dunk where love is being poured in
And me saying yes, Jesus, I choose you
Today, tomorrow, and always 



Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment