Thursday, February 26, 2015

To My Church

My church is love
The only constant that I have known
Going on seven years now


My church has never made me feel like a mistake
Never made me question
Am I
Loved
Wanted
Belong
Do I feel
Safe
And protected


My church has an open place
At their table
Allow me to be connected with their families


My church
You make me feel less alone in this world
That I hold no burden
That I am bound for greater things


That this story of mine isn’t over
For it is just beginning
No matter how near or far we are
From one another
We will continue
Breathing, walking, listening, and eating together
Continuing the work of Jesus
One step at a time


Manassas you are exactly what love is
Through my eyes
You are the place I call home
Always

Sara
(02.26.2015)

1 comment:

  1. You have been a blessing to us as well. You have taught us what it is to have patience and persevere though adversity and trials. You have taught us many things and you are so loved. Blessings on your new adventure and you deserve only the best that life can offer and we await updates and news and more conversations. Love you!

    ReplyDelete