Thursday, April 16, 2015

Living the Good Life


I have learned in the last few months, sometimes you have to jump, risk everything even when you are knotted with every emotion of the rainbow while doing so.
I knew three months after being back in my hometown after a year of volunteering that I wanted to make it back to the state I did my service the great state of Ohio. That was really hard to believe at first  because by the end of my volunteer year I was counting down the days until I flew back to familiar surrounds. There were many factors why I wanted to move back, but the idea of starting a non-profit was the biggest one. At the moment it’s just an idea, but I am determined to make it a reality hoping in the next decade.
I don’t regret moving from VA at all I have more freedom to do what I want and I love that. But the move hasn't all been full of an overabundance of pink Starbursts and Twix bars. I have had my struggles.
I miss my support system A LOT and think of them often, but all of their encouraging words that fill up cards helps a great deal. I knew before moving out here that would be my greatest struggle, but day by day it get’s a little easier.
It’s become somewhat of a fear of mine that no one would know if I went missing and when someone did it would be too late. I’ve calm that fear a bit, but it’s still something that occupies the mind from time to time.
I have yet to figure out a balance of a church community, but I am hopeful that will smooth out in time and lastly there is finding a job. But what I have learned about filling out applications is that do what you can, stay proactive, be patient speed isn’t everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment